Privacy & Cookies Policy
At Amabelle Limited, we are committed to maintaining the trust, loyalty and confidence of our visitors and clients via our website and alternate means. Moreover, we want you to be assured that Amabelle Limited is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing or distributing purposes.
Our privacy commitments
- We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
- For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
- We keep general enquiries on email for 1 month and delete if there has been no engagement.
- If you opt in for marketing emails by mailchimp there will be an unsubscribe button you can click to enable you to not receive any further information
- For financial reasons, we retain transaction history for 6 years (alongside the tax audit requirements).
- For claims and purchase history we retain machine purchases for 6 years.
- We retain treatment information and history (consent and document through shortcuts) for 3 years post treatment. This enables us to view treatment history, and make better formed decisions if you were to be treated again in the future. This also enables us to have information to hand if there ever was a claim.
- We retain chained emails on file for up to 6 years once a purchase has been made (in the case that there was ever a claim to be made).
- Information that is stored may be in the form of but not limited to;- personal information (name, address, telephone, email address) consent forms, email exchanges, phone conversations, training evaluations, social media exchanges, sale history and pictures. As we strive to maintain the highest level of professionalism, we store information to aid into your query past or present, especially where a purchase has been made; to aid in the further understanding of your enquiry. We store information to aid in any legal cases, in order to assist in presenting the case in the most accurate and specific in nature. Consent forms and client treatment history, is kept on file for clinician purpose and for reference purposes.
We collect information about you primarily through our ‘Contact Us’ form on our website (www.amabelleuk.com), over the phone, as well as (but not limited to) social media pages. This information may include, but is not limited to your name, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, and any other details as might be requested from you for the purpose of your enquiry. We may also collect information from you if you request information or customer support. Credit/debit card details are only requested when purchasing products on our online shop and upon purchases made over the phone.
We collect the following Personal data from or about you as a client, enquirer, and buyer:
- Personal Data - Collected directly from you through the booking/ payment/ enquiry process: your name, phone number, postal address, and email address. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services/ information, requested or purchased by you.
- Personal Data - Collected automatically from the use by you of the Sites. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to be able to operate the Sites and provide you with access to the pages you wish to access.
- Personal Data - Received indirectly through our suppliers which enables us to create and store a record of your purchase history as well as current purchase. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our duty of care to the customer, and providing the purchased products. We use websites as such as Sage Pay and PayPal to process online payments.
- Personal Data – Received willingly in the form of before and after pictures, measurements and notes during and throughout the treatment process.
We use your Personal Data:
- To contact you with regards to new, previous or existing enquiries made by yourself, into our business or services we provide.
- To contact you with marketing email messages/ phone calls which you have requested or agreed to receive from us (via MailChimp or alternate marketing software); Subject to any preferences you have expressed (where applicable), we use personal information to deliver marketing and event communications to you across various platforms, such as email, telephone, text messaging, direct mail, online, push notification or otherwise. We will do this during the period of your relationship with us and, unless specifically instructed otherwise by you, for a reasonable period of time after the relationship has ended in order to inform you about products, services, promotions and special offers which we think may be of interest to you.
If we send you a marketing email via a third party website (ie. MailChimp/ Shortcuts), it will include instructions on how to opt out of receiving these marketing communications in the future. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important information with regards to future purchases or previous history.
If we sent you marketing emails directly from an email address ending in @amabelleuk.co.uk, and you no longer wish to receive any emails, please reply back stating that you wish to be removed. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important information with regards to future purchases or previous history.
We will, from time to time, send you marketing material (via email, telephone or letter) which may of particular interest to you based upon your initial enquiry. These marketing messages will provide you with information about the products, services, active promotions or offers available to you by any company within Amabelle Limited and information about products and services provided by our selected partners and third parties.
Except where we use your personal data for marketing purposes on the basis of your prior consent and subject to any opt out preferences you notify to us in respect of electronic direct marketing communications, we process personal data for marketing purposes as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in promoting our products and services.
- To contact you with regards to transactions completed by you.
- To analyse the purchase history of our customers.
- To organise the delivery of goods with chosen courier (DPD/ DHL). http://www.dpd.co.uk/privacy_policy.jsp
- To view previous or existing correspondence, through email/ social media exchanges.
- To view client consent forms.
- With your prior consent, before and after images may be used for marketing purposes (online and in a printed format), for use within the company, as well as those who have purchased equipment directly from us. In the event that you wish to not be facially identified, but still wish to be used, we will take all means and precautions into doing so.
- Client measurements may be used as an example of treatment success, as well as for research and development purposes. In the event that you wish to not be identified, but still wish to be used, we will not.
- To process job applications.
- Notify you of changes to our services.
How is the information shared?
Your personal information may be transferred to third parties (inc Name, Telephone Number, Address), for the processing of orders and deliveries, upon purchase of delivery through our services.
Third parties for legal reasons:
We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence;
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- To protect our rights, users, systems, and services.
Your Rights Explained:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you, as a data subject have a number of rights which are detailed and explained below. Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation. We will advise you in our response to your request if we are relying on any such exemptions.
Please email your request to email@example.com and this will be forwarded to the assigned officer.
- Access to personal data: You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a request, please see the Contact Us section for information on how to contact us. You should include adequate information to identify yourself and such other relevant information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible.
- Correction of personal data: You can request us to rectify and correct any personal data that we have previously processed which is now incorrect.
- Right to withdraw consent: Where we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent. To opt out of marketing via mailchimp, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the marketing communication you receive from us. For other marketing preferences, you can either contact us over the phone, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data where there is no compelling reason to continue processing. This right only applies in certain circumstances; it is not a guaranteed or absolute right.
- Right to data portability: This right allows you to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us with your consent or which was necessary for us to provide you with our products and services in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to the other organisation, if this is technically feasible.
- Right to restrict processing of personal data: You have the right in certain circumstances to request that we suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions.
- Right to object to processing of personal data: You have the right to object to our use of your personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may continue to process your personal data, despite your objection, where there are compelling legitimate grounds to do so or we need to process your personal data in connection with any legal claims.
- Rights relating to automated decision making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision which is based solely on automated processing (without human involvement) where that decision produces a legal effect or otherwise significantly affects you. This right means you can request that we involve one of our employees or representatives in the decision-making process. We are satisfied that we do not make automated decisions of this nature.
Other useful privacy & data security related matters
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes (i.e Transaction history, emails, consent forms for treatments etc). For the unregulated jurisdictions in which operate, and subject to us not having a legal or regulatory requirement or a risk management reason for retaining your information for a longer period, your information will not be kept for longer than 8 years post account closure. Please note that we may be required in certain circumstances to retain your information indefinitely. We will take all necessary steps to ensure that the privacy of information is maintained for the period of retention.
We recognise that online security and data protection is an area of vital importance for all our customers, so it is important to us that you have confidence in the security of your personal details before you enquire with us. We are committed to employing security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and to prevent accidental or unlawful processing, disclosure, destruction, loss, alteration and damage. Our approach is focused on preventing risks. As the security of some communications via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet and Amabelle Limited will accept no liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising out of such an occurrence.
Purpose and usage of Cookies
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit nearly all web sites. Generally the information is stored anonymously and does not contain secure information about you or your computer.
This is an essential part of the navigation of any web site and ensures a valuable user experience.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer or other device, but these may stop many web sites from functioning properly. Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use or saving of cookies from any web site they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block cookies, this will however likely affect the site's functionality.
• Remember the pages you have visited
• Remember what is in your shopping basket
• Remember where you are in the order process
• Remember that you are logged in, if appropriate
• Track the pages you visit via Google Analytics or other vendor tracking code
• Retain sales and purchase information
• Save information you have voluntarily input into forms or data input areas.
Amabelle Limited is the Data Controller in respect of any Personal Data that you submit to us or that we collect from or about you. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered no. 04484572) with registered offices at Nordens, 406 Roding Ln S, Woodford, Woodford Green IG8 8EY.
If you would like to know what information we hold about you or if you have any other queries or complaints in relation to this Privacy Notice, or our Sites, our contact details are as follows:
- Amabelle Limited, Unit 5 Killarney Court, Lodge Crescent, Waltham Cross, Hertfordshire, UK, EN8 8EW
- 0333 800 3031